Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Quotations are free and valid for 14 days after date of issue.
2. Orders are only confirmed once the signed contract and a 50% deposit has been received.
3. We can only accept EFT payments – no credit cards, cash or cheques.
4. The final payment is due 2 weeks before the wedding.
5. All goods hired out are only guaranteed for the day of the event. While we try our best to
accommodate for early delivery, we reserve the right to alter delivery and collection times/dates.
6. The Hire Haus takes no responsibility for any breakages or shortages once the items leave our
premises in Plumstead. Client will be invoiced for any broken or unaccounted items.
7. Fees do not include set up and break down, please specify if you would like us to set items up
for you. This is charged at an additional R1000 per event.
8. 50% of the total amount of the booking is non-refundable in the event of cancellation. If the
function is cancelled 2 weeks/14 days prior to the event, The Hire Haus shall be entitled to 100%
of the booked amount.
9. Final numbers to be sent 2 weeks prior, no changes can be made after that.
10. If an item is missing, comes back damaged or in a condition in which it cannot be used again,
the Hirer will be liable to reinstate that item at its replacement value. This is not the same cost as
the hiring price. This includes the crates and buckets in which the items arrived in.
11. The Hirer will be liable for all legal and management fees accumulated over and above any
monies due to The Hire Haus.
12. Any function décor that is hired out and “not used” will be charged for.
13. All deliveries/collections will be charged for accordingly.
The hire items that the client have hired must be available for collection at the same delivery
address. Hirer will be charged for overtime if the hire items are to be collected elsewhere.
14. Should you for any reason postpone your function, change the date or the venue, The Hire
Haus reserves the right to cancel your order should the items not be available for your new date.
Your deposit is then forfeited. The Hire Haus will do what they can to offer alternatives before
cancelling the order.
15. Only drip free candles may be used in our candle sticks/holders please.
We reserve the right to charge a fee if any of these items have permanent damage due to wax.
16. CUTLERY: Our cutlery requires special attention when handling
If the client has opted to clean the cutlery on site, no dishwasher, no sterilizing and no koshering
is allowed. Only luke warm water and soap with a soft cloth is allowed.
The client will be held liable for any damages at the full and total cost of the item.
This is not the hiring cost, this is the purchase price of the item.
17. PACKAGING: All items and packaging (ie: crates and bubble wrap) must be packed in the
same way it was received. Please do not force items into their crates, there will always be enough
crates for the items you have hired. Breakages will be charged for. A packaging instruction sheet
will be added to your order.
18. BREAKAGE DEPOSIT: The client will be charged a refundable breakage deposit before
the event. Should all items be returned in an acceptable manner and accounted for, the deposit
will be refunded within 7 days.
19. Please note that a daily rate will be charged for late returns. Our items are hired out more
than once a week and our turn around times are important. Your return date will be stated on
your invoice (unless alternative arrangements have been made)
DELIVERY & COLLECTION ARRANGEMENTS:
Planner or person of contact name:
Bank details for refund: